Check out our Past Events
- March 6, 2019 41st Annual Legislative Reception at the State House (MSSN co-sponsored)
- March 14, 2019 Engaging the Family in Sibling Support Workshop & Adult Sibling Meet-Up (co-hosted by the MSSN, MFOFC & the Brockton Area Arc)
- March 23, 2019 South Shore Family Network Early Childhood Fair
- March 29, 2019 MFOFC Family Leadership Series. Board Co-Presidents Hillary Dunn Stanisz, Esq. & Zach Rossetti, Ph.D. presented No Sibling Left Behind and participated in a panel discussion.
- April 2, 2019 Effects on Siblings of Children with Mental Health Needs presented by Emily Rubin, Executive Director of the MSSN, Director of Sibling Support at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, and Assistant Prof. of Psychiatry, University of Mass. Medical School.
- April 10, 2019 The Cooperative for Human Services is hosting a National Sibling Day Event & Panel. A Dialogue with Siblings: ‘Their Story’ of building bridges, strengthening bonds and advancing community relationships.
- April 20th, 2019 Songwriting Event with Jennifer Chute, Board Certified Music Therapist
- April 25th, 2019 Intelligent Lives Screening & Panel Discussion, MSSN volunteer, Mara Quinn, participated in a panel discussion at Lesley University.
- April 27th, 2019 Adult Sibling Meet & Greet! Located at Maggiano's Restaurant, Boston
- May 2nd, 2019 Sibling Meet & Greet! Located at Barrett's Alehouse, West Bridgewater
- May 21st, 2019 Future Planning is a Family Affair presented by Hillary Dunn Stanisz, Co-President, Southeastern Massachusetts Educational Collaborative, Dartmouth, MA
- June 22-23, 2019 Sibling Leadership Conference 2019, Zach Rossetti, Co-President, attended the conference
- June 22, 2019 Cambiando El Mundo de Personas Con Discapacidad (CEMDPCD) First Annual “Walk and Fair for the Disabled”. MSSN volunteers Monica Gordilla and Mara Quinn attended and represented the MSSN in Lawrence, MA.
- February 27, 2018 Adult sibling get-together and presentation at Boston's 6B Lounge, on ABLE accounts with Alexandra Nadworny of Shepherd Financial Partners.
- March 7, 2018 The MSSN was a co-sponsor and exhibitor at the 40th Annual Legislative Reception at the State House in Boston.
- March 10, 2018 "Supporting Siblings of Children with Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs" presentation and sibling panel at the Federation for Children with Special Needs' Visions of Community conference in Boston.
- April 17, 2018 National Sibling Day celebration with a free screening of Kelly's Hollywood at the Fox Library in Arlington.
- April 30, 2018 "No Sibling Left Behind" presentation and sibling panel at UMass Lowell.
- May 2, 2018 "Effects of having a sibling with a disability," MSSN student intern poster presentation at the UMass Lowell's Annual Student Research and Community Engagement Symposium.
- November 5, 2018 Adult sibling get-together and presentation at Boston's 6B Lounge, on sibling-related research and policy trends.
January 30, 2017, No Sibling Left Behind Webinar Presentation with Olivia von Ferstel of the MSSN for Autism/Asperger Network (AANE)
March 27, 2017, The MSSN was a co-sponsor and exhibitor at the 39th Annual Legislative Reception at the State House in Boston
May 4 and 5, 2017, The MSSN co-sponsored a 2-day Sibshop Conference with Jewish Family and Children's Service
June 24 and 25, 2017, The MSSN participated in the annual Sibling Leadership Network conference in Hartford,CT
October 3, 2017, Radio interview regarding Future Planning is a Family Affair on WCAP 980 AM with Doreen Arcus of the MSSN
October 3, 2017, Future Planning is a Family Affair Presentation with Cynthia Haddad of the MSSN at UMass Lowell
November 1, 2017, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at Ipswich Town Hall, Ipswich with Ipswich SEPAC
November 30, 2017, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation with Olivia von Ferstel of the MSSN at Northshore Education Consortium, Beverly
February 25, 2016, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at The Lurie Center - Coffee Convo, Lexington, MA
March 5, 2016, attendance at the Federation for Children with Special Needs annual conference
March 9, 2016, Webinar: No Sibling Left Behind Presentation
March 9, 2016, 37th Annual Legislative Reception, ARC of Massachusetts and the Mass Developmental Disabilities Council.
March 12, 2016, MSSN Adult Sibling Social Event at Penguin Pizza, Boston
April 12, 2016, National Sibling Week Event: SibTips Trivia and Wine Tasting at The Spirited Gourmet in Belmont. The event was hosted by MSSN and The Special Needs Financial Planning team at Shepherd Financial Partners.
April 13, 2016, Webinar: Future Planning is a Family Affair
May 2, 2016, Children's Mental Health Week - Sibling Presentation: The Sibling Experience and How We Can Help our Children/Youth
with MSSN President Emily Rubin. Hosted by the Wayside Youth and Family Support Network in Framingham, MA.
May 18, 2016, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at Tyngsboro SEPAC.
May 20, 2016, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation, sponsored by the Federation for Children with Special Needs in Boston.
September 16, 2016, Cosponsored a LIFE, ANIMATED SCREENING in Westwood, MA
October 2o, 2016, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation, Franklin SEPAC
January 20, 2015, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at Bridgewater Raynham SEPAC/BRSEPAC & Bridge Center
January 28, 2015, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at Ipswich SEPAC
March 7, 2015, attendance at the Federation for Children with Special Needs annual conference
March 18, 2015, No Sibling Left Behind Presentation at the Kennedy Day School
March 9, 2015, 37th Annual Legislative Reception hosted by the ARC of Massachusetts and the Mass Developmental Disabilities Council
April 9, 2015 - National Sibling Day Event ~to honor siblings of people with disabilities at the Cooperative for Human Services, Inc. featuring
local authors of sibling books, networking, and refreshments.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015, Family Diversity in Our Contemporary Society, Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center, Marlborough
December 8, 2015, Future Planning is a Family Affair, The ARC Massachusetts Webinar Series, Presented by John Kramer, Ph.D.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014: Making Our Future Happen: Feeling Safe, Included & Free ~ 36th Annual Legislative Reception, Hosted by Massachusetts ARC & the Massachusetts Development Disabilities Council ~ MSSN was a co-sponsor, The State House, Boston
Saturday, March 8, 2014: Federation for Children with Special Needs Annual Visions of Community Conference Featuring the MSSN presentation: No Sibling Left Behind ~ Seaport Boston World Trade Center, Boston
Saturday, April 5, 2014: Planning for the Future: Setting up Lifelong Supports for your Child, A conference hosted by the Connecticut Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind Featuring two MSSN presentations: No Sibling Left Behind & Future Planning is a Family Affair1
June 18, 2014, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., MSSN Presents: Best Practices for Supporting Siblings of People with Disabilities, Resources, Research and more...ARC of MA Office, 216 South Street, Waltham. The focus of the event was on provider discussions to learn how agencies can meet the needs of siblings, and to hear how the MSSN is able to support these efforts.
June 20, 2014 , MSSN Board members attended and presented at SibsJourney: A Conference for College-Aged Sibs at Brandeis University, Waltham
Thursday, January 10th 2013, 7:30pm- "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Sudbury Senior Center conference room, Sudbury, MA
Thursday, February 28, 2014: Executive Board Member Cynthia R. Haddad, CFP ® spoke to the Residential Management Team for the Cooperative for Human Services agency in Burlington
Monday, March 18th- "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at Prospect Hill Academy, 50 Essex street in Cambridge, MA from 6:00pm-7:30pm
Thursday, April 4 & Friday, April 5th: "Building Community Support for Siblings of Children with Developmental Disabilities, Special Medical Needs and Mental Health Needs" Sibshops conference with Don Meyer at JF&CS, 1430 Main Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Thursday, April 11, 2013 "Future Planning is a Family Affair" at The Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center of UMass Medical School, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA
Wednesday, May 15, 2013: “An Autism Conference: Awareness, Education and Action” Presented by Kennedy-Donovan Family Support Center In Collaboration with HMEA’s Autism Resource Center, Dean College at The Guidry Center, Franklin, Massachusetts
Wednesday, February 26, 2014: MSSN Adult Sibling Social Group: Author Talk & Dinner Featuring: Matthew Quick, author of
The Good Luck of Right Now
Sunday, January 8, 2012, Brunch at Aquitaine Dedham at Legacy Place, a social event for Adult Siblings
Wednesday, January 11, 2012, Adult Sibling Panel at the Emarc Family Resource Center, 34 Gould Street. Reading, MA
Thursday, January 19, 2012, "No Sibling Left Behind" Workshop at the Foxborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council
Thursday, January 26, 2012, Trivia Night at Upper Crust Pizza in Waltham, a social event for Adult Siblings. RSVPs required.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012, "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Braintree Special Education Parent Advisory Council, Thayer Public Library, 798 Washington Street, Braintree, MA
Wednesday, March 7, 2012, Attending the 34th Annual Arc/MDDC Legislative Reception, Grand Staircase (Floor 2) of the Massachusetts State House
Saturday, March 10, 2012, "No Sibling Left Behind" presentation at the Visions of Community 2012 Conference, Boston
Wednesday, March 14, 2012, "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Watertown SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council), Cunniff Elementary School, 246 Warren Street, Watertown, MA
Thursday, April 26, 2012, Trivia Night at Upper Crust Pizza in Waltham, a social event for Adult Siblings. RSVPs required.
Saturday, May 5, 2012, Ice Cream at Bedford Farms, a social event for Young Siblings (7 -12 years old). RSVPs required.
Saturday, July 14, 2012, New England Aquarium, a social event for Adult Siblings, RSVP Required
September 27, 2012, Film Screening of "Cowboy Song" with Q&A with director Marie Reagan at the Coolidge Corner Theatre, Brookline, MA
Tuesday, October 23, 2012, 6:15pm - Trivia Night at Tommy Doyle's in Kendall Square, Cambridge a social event for Adult Siblings.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Massachusetts Statewide Conference for Direct Support Professionals, Radisson Hotel on Plymouth Harbor, MA. To register for this statewide conference created specifically for Direct Support Professionals, contact conference coordinator Jack Yates at JYates@PeopleInc-FR.org.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011, Dessert Night at Finale in Brookline, a social event for Adult Siblings
Sunday, November 20, 2011, Panel presentation at the Princeton Disability Awareness Down Syndrome Conference, Princeton, NJ
Monday, November 21, 2011, "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Somerville SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council)
Tuesday, November 29, 2011, "No Sibling Left Behind" workshop at the Brockton Area ARC
Monday, December 12, 2011, Trivia Night at Uno Chicago Grill, Burlington Mall, a social event for Adult Siblings